We are starting the new year with a new UX Design for Startups meetup and with a subject that is very important for any business and for all UX-ers: research, which helps to understand users, business content and much more! RSVP here to save your front row spot on February 6, starting at 18:30!
About the event
Andrei Urse and Stefan Condurachi (Softvision Cognizant), experienced and know-how UX-ers will show us what they call The Research Loop:
- Decisions involving stakeholders:
– Decision making + administrative work
– Defining success in terms of objectives (what we want)
– Selecting the research type and budgeting – Breaking myths
- Planning and research implementation:
– Research process by research type: selecting participants, facilitating interviews/usability testing, questionnaires.
- Data analysis:
– Data triangulation, data mapping from multiple sources
– Discovering tendencies, trends, new information (insights) from data analysis
– How to avoid including your own biases into data interpretation
– Simplifying data into “pills”/fragments that are easy to understand and explain to the rest of the team & stakeholders
- Presenting discoveries:
– Communicating discoveries to the team
– Data driven pitching – data stories -> how to emphasise opportunities
– What’s next?
About the guests
Andrei thinks that to be a User Experience Designer now, more than ever, means that you have a large responsibility towards people that you design for. Our decisions can influence user experience in totally unexpected ways, which can lead to both wanted or unwanted consequences. He thinks that research is the most powerful and accessible tool that a User Experience Designer has at his disposal to discover and anticipate the real needs of users.
Stefan Condurachi has varied experiences as a UX Designer, from a company and startup perspective, but also as a freelancer and even a teacher. His approach has at its forefront the understanding of core business through research, in order to better understand the main needs of users (pain points) and to find interaction areas with the business (touchpoints).
- 18.30-19.00 – Welcome & registration
- 19.00-20.30 – The Research Loop with Andrei Urse and Stefan Condurachi
- 20.30-20.45 – Q&A
- 20.45-21.30 – Networking