Facebook Developer Circles: Bucharest is proud to launch the first event where you will have the chance to meet the community and talk about the future of employment. RSVP here to save your front row spot on May 3, starting 18:30!
About the event
Join us for an intriguing discussion about automation and the future of employment. How long do you think it will take before machines do your job better than you do? We are entering a new age of automation, unlike anything that’s come before. Let’s discuss what skills will secure our careers!”
About the speakers
Vlad Sas is a 25yo programmer and entrepreneur. Always eager to engage in brainstorming, validating ideas, concepts and always enjoying a good debate, he will be your host for the following events and your point of contact if you feel like reaching out to Facebook for guidance.
Caroline Matte joined Facebook 2 years ago to launch the first startup incubator from Facebook, in France. Before working at Facebook, she ran equity-based startups acceleration programs in France and Spain and participated in social investment funds. She now drives scaled startups programs globally at Facebook.
- 19:00 – 19:10 Settle In – Grab a nametag and say hello!
- 19:10 – 19:20 Launch Event Opening Speech – Learn more about Developer Circles and the community we’re building in Romania (speaker: Vlad Sas)
- 19:20 – 19:30 Facebook Developer Circles Program. What Are We Trying To Achieve? – Meet Caroline! Developers Programs Manager at Facebook (speaker: Caroline Matte)
- 19:30 – 19:50 The Talk: Skills Of The Future – Is Your Career Secured? – Time to find out if we have what it takes to compete with the machines. (speaker: TBA)
- 19:50 – 20:20 Snacks, Drinks & Networking – Let’s get to know each other better
RSVP here to confirm your attendance to Skills of the future – Is your career secured?.
This event is hosted through TechSociety, an initiative that aims to grow the local tech community stronger by providing free event space, as well as logistical and communication support, to all people that organize free tech-related events.
Thinking about organizing a meetup or an event for the tech community out there? Join TechSociety, and we’ll help you out! All you have to do is submit the registration form available on our website, and we’ll get back to you to set all the details straight!
community, Facebook Developer Circles, future, jobs, open event, skills, TechHub, techhub bucharest
Join us for the first Startup Matchmaking Meetup to find out what you should avoid doing when applying for a startup job and what it’s actually like to be part of a startup team. Register here to save your seat for the discussion starting on April 11, at 18:30!
About the event
Our speakers will share from their experience the faulty expectations people have about working in a startup and what life in a startup it’s actually all about.
What’s more, the startups that have jobs on the Startup Matchmaking platform will be joining the event. So if you want to talk with the founders and their teams, this is your chance to meet with all of them in one place.
About the speakers
community, founders, jobs, networking, open mic, panel, Q&A, startup matchmaking, startups, techhub bucharest
Are you looking for the next best thing in your career? Or maybe you are just tired of a boring 9 to 5 and you would like to join a more challenging & rewarding environment? Apply NOW for Startup Matchmaking to meet promising tech startups in Bucharest, explore the career opportunities they offer and find the one that’s right for you.
How does it work?
4 founders of promising tech startups headquartered in Bucharest and the Romanian representative of a unicorn are going to take the stage during Startup Matchmaking to tell you more about their products and showcase the openings they currently have.
Apply for Startup Matchmaking event to:
- Be the first to know about the most exciting opportunities in the tech startups’ world in Bucharest
- Learn how it’s like to work in a particular startup from their founders & employees
- Schedule follow-up interviews to explore your options to join one of the tech startups taking the stage
- Network with carefully selected tech professionals & startup founders
Only selected applicants will be invited to attend the event! The team @ TechHub Bucharest will work together with the participating startups to make sure attendees fit the qualifications required for one of the openings.
When & where?
Thursday, November 1st, 18:30 @ TechHub Bucharest
You are the perfect fit if:
- You are a developer / marketer / account manager interested to make a career change
- You are a hustler & a doer that loves to get things done
- You want to get involved hands-on in building the next big thing
- You would like to work in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience in tech is recommended, but not necessary
- Gloria Food is helping 4000+ restaurants with their website and online ordering system.
- Green Horse Games is building game worlds for sports fans. Their flagship game LigaUltras, launched in 2013, has over 3 million players and to this day fulfills its mission, to bring football fans together.”
- Minutizer is the only company focusing on developing tech for people to charge money for their time and knowledge, with a vertical and horizontal growth strategy. They are self-funded and have more than 1 quarter million users along with a turnover of more millions/year. They address multiple industries: from telemedicine, adult-tech, esoteric to sport-tech. Among the benefits, they offer to our team are equity, flexible hours, remote or co-working office, team buildings outside Romania, business travels in EU, US, LATAM. Their ideal employee in 4 words is smart, geeky, responsible and with no-bullshit attitude.
- Revolut the fastest-growing European fintech startup, has set up local operations in Romania 6 months ago. They have signed up 85k+ Romanian users to date and they are committed to keep growing in their quest to take over traditional banks. In order to do so, they are currently looking for a talented PR & Community Manager to join their team & be the voice of Revolut in the Romanian community and on social media.
- TalentBrowse is the IT recruitment platform where you can find IT candidates available for interviews, all vetted by recruitment agencies. They changed the way IT recruitment is done for both employers, IT people, and agencies. Talentbrowse earned an investment of Eur. 100.0000 from Gap Minder VC to expand on the German market. This is why they are looking for 3 more colleagues to join our team, people who are results-oriented, pro-active and willing to contribute to TalentBrowse growth.
- Senior Online Marketing Specialist
- Customer Support Agent
- Customer Support Agent (German language)
- Product Manager
Green Horse Games
- Social Media Specialist – junior/middle
- Chief Marketing Officer – 5+ years experience
- Senior Account Manager – 3+ years experience
- Junior Account Manager – no experience required
- Customer Support Representative – no experience required
Applications are open here until Sunday, October 28!
- 18:30 – 19:00 Registration
- 19:00 – 19:05 Event Intro
- 19:05 – 19:30 Networking presentation with Paul Renaud
- 19:30 – 19:35 Startups pitch to job seekers
- 19:35 – 20:00 Job seekers open mic
- 20:00 – 21:00 Networking
account manager, developers, jobs, marketing, startup matchmaking, startups, techhub bucharest