Join us to dig deeper into the intricacies behind the future of crypto-currencies. RSVP here to save your front row spot on Aril 19, starting 18:30!
What’s in it for you?
During the evening, the Blockchain Romania community’s speaker will try to give you some answers to the following questions:
- Are crypto-currencies the money of the future?
- Are they, in report with money, analogous to what TCP/IP was for the Internet?
- What makes a piece of paper valuable just because it has a central bank’s governor signature?
- What makes Bitcoin different from other coins?
- Are any attributes (such as decentralization) that make a crypto-currency more valuable?
About the speaker
Tudor Smirna is the director of Ludwig von Mises Institute Romania. He has studied the connection between banks and crypto-currencies (also teaches about “Money, Banks and Bitcoin”) and has a Ph.D. from Academy of Economic Studies (where he’s also an Assistant Professor).
- 18:30 – 19:00 Registration
- 19:00 – 20:00 Discussion with Tudor Smirna
- 20:00 – 20:15 Q&A session
- 20:15 – 21:00 Networking
RSVP here to confirm your attendance to Crypto-currencies and the Internet of value.
This event is hosted through TechSociety, an initiative that aims to grow the local tech community stronger by providing free event space, as well as logistical and communication support, to all people that organize free tech-related events.
Thinking about organizing a meetup or an event for the tech community out there? Join TechSociety, and we’ll help you out! All you have to do is submit the registration form available on our website, and we’ll get back to you to set all the details straight!