- This event has passed.
Venture Capital Industry in Romania – Straight Talks
March 14, 2018 @ 3:00 pm - 5:30 pm UTC+0
What happens when a venture capital fund invests in a startup? If you are curious, don’t forget to send an email to email@example.com to RSVP for the event on March 14, starting 3:00 PM and find out!
About the event
- What about? The speakers have prepared both business and legal matters to discuss with the attendees:
- A founder’s perspective: What happens when a venture capital fund invests in a startup? A practical presentation and discussions on how to get through this phase of your business;
- Key legal concepts in a VC term sheet – What happens on the legal front? What are the terms of the contract? A practical presentation and discussion on what the venture fund receives for its investment, both from a US and Romanian law perspective.
- Perspectives on the VC industry: A panel discussion with active Venture Capital funds players on the Romanian market about the state and the future of the industry.
- 15:00 – 15:30 A founder’s perspective: Vladimir Oane (Founder of uberVU, President of Innovation Labs)
- 15:30 – 16:00 Legal in a VC term sheet: Cristina Bucur (Counsel, DLA Piper Romania) and Spencer Markel (Senior Associate DLA Piper LLP, San Francisco, USA)
- 16:00 – 16:30 Panel talks: Radu Georgescu (Gecad Ventures), Marius Ghenea (3TS Capital Partners), Mihai Sfintescu (other speakers may join). Panel moderated by Ana Maria Andronic (Head of Intellectual Property and Technology, DLA Piper Romania) and Marian Dinu (Managing Partner, DLA Piper Romania)
- 16:30 – 17:30 Networking & drinks
To RSVP to this event, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Participation to Venture Capital Industry in Romania – Straight Talks, is free of charge and registration will take place subject to seat availability.
This event is hosted through TechSociety, an initiative that aims to grow the local tech community stronger by providing free event space, as well as logistical and communication support, to all people that organize free tech-related events.
Thinking about organizing a meetup or an event for the tech community out there? Join TechSociety and we’ll help you out! All you have to do is submit the registration form available on our website, and we’ll get back to you to set all the details straight!