- This event has passed.
SOLD OUT! Decrypting the cryptocurrencies
January 18 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm UTC+0
Want to know what is the value of trading & mining cryptocurrencies in 2018? RSVP here to save your front row place and find out on January 18, starting 6:30 PM!
About the event
While Bitcoin/USD price is consolidating and the craze is fading away, let’s stand back and discuss with crypto-traders and miners about the value of these alt-currencies & related blockchains.
The three specialists from Société Générale European Business Services will talk about:
- Are cryptocurrencies a real form of currencies?
- Blockchains as an alternative payment system: which is the fundamental value for the bitcoin?
- Bitcoin as a storage of value and the risk of fork
- What about cryptocurrencies backed by commodities?
- Blockchain mining explained & demo
- How to take trading positions on cryptocurrencies
About the speakers
- Nicolas Boitout is a former systematic FX PropTrader at Société Générale – Full-stack crypto-enthusiast (from blockchains to crypto-trading)
- Mihai Iancu is a Senior C# developer on the FX business line at SGEBS – Crypto-PropTrader & Enthusiast.
- Sorin Hodoroaga is the Senior Devops Engineer at SGEBS – 24h Miner
- 18:30 – 19:00 Participants arrival
- 19:00 – 19:05 Intro from the organizers (Nicolas Boitout)
- 19:05 – 20:05 Crypto-Trading presentation with main speakers: Nicolas Boitout, Sorin Hodoroaga & Mihai Iancu. Special guests: Maxime Le Navenec, Ciprian Ivan & George Marica
- 20:05 – 20:35 Demo on How to mine with Sorin Hodoroaga
- 20:40 – 21:30 Networking
RSVP here to confirm your attendance to How to trade & mine cryptocurrencies.
This event is hosted through TechSociety(http://techsociety.co/), an initiative that aims to grow the local tech community stronger by providing free event space, as well as logistical and communication support, to all people that organize free tech-related events.
Thinking about organizing a meetup or an event for the tech community out there? Join TechSociety(http://techsociety.co/) and we’ll help you out! All you have to do is submit the registration form available on our website, and we’ll get back to you to set all the details straight!