- This event has passed.
Office Hours: The numbers with UHY Hacker Young
October 31, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm GMT
Join us for a 1:1 slot where we’ll be welcoming Robert Collings, Dave Hailey and Graham Boar from UHY Hacker Young Chartered Accountants and Business Advisers.
UHY Hacker Young is a leading firm of Chartered Accountants and Business Advisers for tech and high growth companies. They have years of experience advising on a wide range of matters, including raising finance, cap tables, R&D tax claims, share option schemes and more. As a mid-tier firm, they are uniquely positioned to be able to advise tech companies of almost any size – from the initial company incorporation right through to the exit event. This enables them to get a thorough understanding of their clients, combined with their own sector expertise, to provide a lot of value.
Robert joined UHY 6 years ago and is a full member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales. You may have spotted him floating around the various tech events in London as he continues to discover the latest ideas and topics in the sector which enables him to provide practical and proactive advice to tech companies. He regularly talks about the various metrics in tech companies, helping founders understand the links between each one.
Dave is a Partner at UHY Hacker Young with over 15 years’ experience in advising a wide range of companies. As a Partner, he is actively involved in developing UHY as a business so has the practical experience in running a business that his clients value. He also acts as an outsourced CFO for a number of our clients so is able to provide commercial advice which really adds value.
Graham is a tax Partner at UHY Hacker Young and regularly advises on the technical tax aspects that founders often find themselves involved with. On a daily basis he advises on R&D claims, SEIS registrations, EMI schemes and other tax areas, helping to bring clarity to subjects that can often be a minefield.
Things they can help with:
They will be happy to help with any accountancy or tax related matters, for example:
– Housekeeping queries (deadlines, year end accounts, compliance)
– Fundraising process queries (valuations, record keeping, due diligence, forecasts, EIS/SEIS)
– Cap table queries (how to structure it)
– Employee incentive scheme queries (EMI schemes, bonus schemes, other options)
– R&D claim queries
Some of the questions we typically get asked might be:
– How early should I start to think about the fundraising process?
– What is a cap table and what should it look like?
– Would an investor have any concerns when looking at my cap table?
– Can I use an EMI scheme and how do I set it up?
– When should I file my first set of accounts, and what do I file?
– Are there any tax reliefs that my company might benefit from?
– How long does it take for me to get my R&D tax credit refund?
Book your 1-2-1 slot below. For the access code you can email firstname.lastname@example.org