- This event has passed.
London Tech Week event: Experiences of going to the USA
June 10, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm BST
As part of our mission to support the growth of the ecosystem, this London Tech Week, we’re kicking off our programme of events with a workshop all about scaling into new territories. specifically, growing into America – US expansion and fundraising.
We’ve teamed up with Wilson Sonsini and Beringea, who are both perfectly placed to help you navigating the logistical aspects of launching and operating a UK business in the States, and setting and meeting expectations for US later-stage funding.
Tech City UK Fellow Daniel Glazer, leads the US Expansion group at Silicon Valley-headquartered Wilson Sonsini, and Marc Shirman, is Investment Director at Beringea who focus on helping entrepreneurs reach new markets, and specifically invest in high growth US & UK businesses.
Dan and Marc will be discussing some of the common questions and challenges when it comes to scaling into the US, including,
- When should I consider establishing US operations?
- When should I look to raise money from US VCs?
- Do I need a US company to raise money from US VCs?
- When do I need to create a US company?
- Where is the best place to set up in the States?
- How long does US set up take and how much does it cost?
- How do I sell/pitch in the US as a British/non-US founder?
- How is hiring different in the US, and what’s the optimal US team?
- Does everyone really sue each other all the time in the US?
- Are there government resources to assist with US expansion?
As part of our London Tech Week programming, this event is open to all tech startup founders.