- This event has passed.
Elevator Lab Challenge – Demo Night
June 28, 2018 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm UTC+0
The finalists of the Elevator Lab Challenge will be showcasing their fintech solutions for a chance to win the 7000 € cash prizes. RSVP here to save your front row place on June 28, starting 6:30 PM!
About the event
During the evening we will have 6 fintech startups take the stage to present their product in order to get early feedback from a panel of industry experts and an informed and interested audience while competing for the Elevator Lab Challenge prizes.
The winning team will receive a 5000 € cash prize, a WILD CARD for the last selection round of the RBI Group’s acceleration program Elevator Lab and a trip to Vienna for a pitch training before the last selection round. The jury will also select the local hero team that will be awarded a 2000 € cash prize.
While the jury deliberates the winning teams, you will learn more about Early Game Ventures (EGV), a new Romanian venture fund that focuses on investing in early-stage startups represented by Radu Stoicoviciu in a fireside chat moderated by Oana Cosman, Online Editor @start-up.ro.
Here are the finalists:
- 18:30 – 19:00 Participants arrival
- 19:00 – 19:20 Presenting Elevator Lab by Florin Boldescu
- 19:20 – 20:20 Pitches. The Romanian fintech startups are showcasing their product: 5 min pitch + 3 min Q&A
- 20:20 – 20:40 Introducing Early Game Ventures (EGV), by Radu Stoicoviciu, Partner at EGV (Fireside chat moderated by Oana Cosman)
- 20:40 – 20:45 Announcing the winners
- 20:45 – 21:30 Networking
Meet the jury
- Cristian Sporis, Corporate Vice President Raiffeisen Bank Romania
- Florin Boldescu, Chief Digital Officer Raiffeisen Bank Romania
- Catalin Munteanu, Executive Director PI Raiffeisen Bank Romania
- Nicole Stroj, Head of Innovation Management Raiffeisen Bank International
- Daniel Dragomir, CEO & Founder TechHub Bucharest
- Alexandra Anghel, Co-founder & CTO la Appticles, Co-founder Codette
- Robert Knapp, Serial Entrepreneur & Business Angel
- Alex Negru, Founder Fintech Camp Romania
About Elevator Lab
Elevator Lab Challenge is a local fintech selection program organized by Raiffeisen Bank Romania in partnership with TechHub Bucharest. The program is open to international, later-stage startups, with existing fintech solutions and products in the fields of advanced analytics, regtech, corporate banking, investing & trading tech, new branch experience or open banking.
Elevator Lab is Raiffeisen Bank International’s (RBI) group-wide accelerator program, first launched in June 2017. With a potential access to 14 different markets, Elevator Lab is already the largest corporate fintech accelerator in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). This year, RBI Group puts a special focus on the fintech ecosystem in CEE.
About Early Game Ventures
Early Game Ventures (EGV) is an early-stage venture capital firm harnessing the technical talent in Central Eastern Europe – EGV recruits regionally (in Central and Eastern Europe) and invest locally (in Romania). Our philosophy is quite straightforward: we invest at the earliest stages in companies whose founders have vested interests, are coachable and address big markets. If the opportunity is real, we prefer to be the first institutional investor in such startups.
EGV is also running a concierge accelerator, taking in only 5 or 6 startups per year for a very intensive and tailor-made 3 months program.