8 best practices from the leading remote work companies
June 3 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm BST
Brett Putter, CEO of CultureGene has conducted research into how successful remote work companies like Gitlab, Basecamp, Intercom, Toptal, Zapier, Buffer and Auttomatic operate. He’s found that there are eight best practises that these companies focus on and distilled them into a presentation filled with insights and actionable takeaways.
What you’ll take home:
- Best practices on developing business processes for remote working, documentation (transitioning from a speak first to a write first mentality) and adding the necessary structure to your business
- Ways to improve communication (synchronous, asynchronous & informal), recruitment and social connection
- Actionable insights on avoiding knowledge leak/loss, developing accountability, strengthening and embedding culture in a remote environment and emojis
- Presentation from Brett with an informal Q&A
- Brett surveyed 165 UK startups to understand how they were adapting to remote work two weeks after the lockdown began and shared his findings in this article.
More on Brett:
- Brett runs CultureGene, a company culture consultancy that has developed software to help distributed teams define, embed and manage their culture. He has worked with companies like Elliptic, Busuu, TransferGo and Runway East,
- He published Culture Decks Decoded in 2018 (Free PDF version download here), is publishing The Culture-Driven Leader in June 2020 and is a regular contributor to Forbes and Entrepreneur.com.
- Brett is a Seedcamp investor (funds l, ll, lll & lV)
For questions and access code, email firstname.lastname@example.org