- This event has passed.
3 years of Code for Romania/ Civic Labs launch
April 20, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 10:30 pm UTC+0
Come join us a fun evening when we will celebrate Code for Romania’s accomplishments so far and all the people behind their success: volunteers, partners, sponsors, all together. RSVP here to save your front row spot on April 20, starting 18:30!
About the event
They say time flies when you’re having fun, and we couldn’t agree more. It was only yesterday when we had our first Hangouts call, and now, 3 years into it we’ve gathered more than 650 volunteers, 60.000+ pro-bono working hours, launched 8 civic tech applications and 4 more in the making and built 4 strong, local communities of civic tech heroes.
We will also talk about the future and, for the first time, we will launch the Civic Labs platform, our civic technology projects generator and the first prototypes of the digital solutions that we have identified so far to Romania’s social blockages in areas such as human resources in education, domestic violence, access to legislation, disaster relief and risk management, and mother and child’s health.
- 18:30 – 19:00 Intro with Will Tyner @National Geographic documenting Code for Romania as part of his work on “Exploring civic technology in Romania”Strategic Partner moment: Romanian-American Foundation**
- 19:00 – 19:30 Code for Romania: 3 years of activity report
- 19:30 – 20:00 Unveiling Civic Labs with Civic Labs team
- 20:00 – 20:30 Civic Labs Strategic Partner: Fundatia Vodafone Romania**
- 20:30 – 21:00 Code for Romania Advisory Board speakers: Sorin Mindrutescu & Ryan Crozier
- 21:00 – 21:30 Q&A
- 21:30 – 22:30 Drinks & Networking
RSVP here to confirm your attendance to 3 years of Code for Romania/ Civic Labs launch.
This event is hosted through TechSociety, an initiative that aims to grow the local tech community stronger by providing free event space, as well as logistical and communication support, to all people that organize free tech-related events.
Thinking about organizing a meetup or an event for the tech community out there? Join TechSociety, and we’ll help you out! All you have to do is submit the registration form available on our website, and we’ll get back to you to set all the details straight!